OnboardingME™ (Onboarding Metalforming Employees) is a DVD video training program that can be used by HR managers and other managers or supervisors as a first-day on-the-job orientation resource for new hires and/or temporary workers.
This program presents a set of coordinated policies, practices and procedures that assist new employees in understanding and adjusting to their new jobs in terms of responsibility, compliance, expectations and socialization. The OnboardingME™ program provides a welcoming sense of belonging and highlights critical behaviors and practices that will maximize new-hire retention, provide safe access to the shop floor and expedite the path to high productivity.
A facilitator’s guide, also provided, helps the administrator of the company’s new-hire orientation program successfully integrate OnboardingME™ into their current orientation practices. The guide provides suggestions for administration of the program, job shadowing, guided Teach-and-Tours and guided Meet-and-Greet activities. The program can be administered to an individual or to a small group of new hires.
The DVD contains eight chapters:
1. Industry History and Technology – Run Time (RT) 6:41 minutes
2. Personal Safety – RT 9:21 min.
3. Safe Work Practices – RT 11:00 min.
4. Emergency Response – RT 8:00 min.
5. Quality Practices and Processes – RT 8:57 min.
6. Employment Law – RT 7:06 min.
7. Code of Conduct – RT 6:12 min.
8. Careers and Advancement – RT 6:55 min.